|Description:||The Shrink is in charge of psychological support. They are able to keep morale high and treat psychological illnesses.
|Learned by:||Janice 1||If Mush:||Kept|
Janice's core skill, and a common choice for Stephen to Apprentice, because having a Shrink is the single best way to keep up the crew's morale. If you have this skill, you should hang out in the dorms most of your day to keep everyone resting there happy with your passive ability. But don't forget to occasionally walk to the Engine Room and give Raluca a hug.
You can also cure mental disorders over a few cycles of treatment, like Eleesha's innate Chronic Vertigo (though that is not urgent, since she rarely gets to pilot things). A message in the log will display that treatment is in progress, or has been successful. If the patient happens to be a Mush who has retained a disorder from their time as a human, there is also a small chance for an alternative message that will identify them as such.
Finally, do not forget your own morale, as you are the one person you cannot treat. Try to attend Jin Su's or Kuan Ti's speeches whenever possible, do the thing (with a safe partner) and/or claim surplus -giving fruit to keep yourself happy.
- Bonus to efficiency on NERON Projects:
- New action:
- Target: Other Characters
- Effect: +2 for the target
- Characters Lying Down gain +1 when the Shrink is present on cycle change.
- Characters Lying Down and affected by a psychological Disorder are treated when a Shrink is present on cycle change.
- Has a chance to remove the disorder.
- Leaves a public log about the treatment's success.
- Success can occur after between 2-7 cycles of treatment.
- There is the possibility for a Mush Lying Down in the same room as Shrink to be revealed
- Message that appears when a Mush is revealed: "...Doctor, everything was going well... until the Mush ruined my life..." The session went well, but the patiend won't shut up...