|The pyromaniac injects explosive microspores into an inflammable medium which triggers a violent combustion which is liable to do long-term damage to the ship.
The action is Secret, so it will not be logged when you are alone. However, the fire will be announced immediately by NERON - which is a dead giveaway for arson unless it happens on cycle change, so timing is crucial.
If yours is the only fire, it can also be deduced from the logs (or the Fire Detector) that you were present in the room when it started, so you will need an excuse not to report or extinguish it immediately.
Besides starting fires, your main goal will be to prevent the crew from fighting them:
Without Extinguishers (steal/dismantle/hide) or a blueprint thereof (which happens to be very flammable), the crew will have to put their hopes in a Firefighter's chances of extinguishing them manually (especially low when he's dead), upgraded fire-fighting drones ( Green Jelly works wonders on those), or sheer luck with sprinklers.
Good rooms to start fires in:
- Bridge - Disturb communications, movement or planet scans, destroy Xyloph plans and books.
- Lab - Usually the plants are there, as well as the apron. And the Gravity Simulator.
- Refectory - Destroy rations and break the coffee machine
- Centre Storages - Broken oxygen tanks always help, and won't be announced. Also harder to find.
- Dorms - Hurts people and blocks beds unless it can be extinguished. Can break the shower.
- Nexus - A broken BIOS after making some changes (e.g. Bypass) can prevent the crew from getting the Magnetic Net so they cannot return you if you take off with the Extinguishers. Broken NERON helps too, and the fire is harder to find.
- Engine room - Great damage potential with 3 engines and the combustion chamber (hamper or prevent ship movement). Also Planet Scanner + Antenna.
Neron will announce a fire if Defacer was used in a room.
- New action:
- Target: None
- Effect: Start a fire in curent room.
- Secret log: Hey... it's getting hot in here... [name] set the place on fire...
- Target: None