|Effects of Consumption
|Books. A practical, if antiquated invention. Maybe you'll find the solutions to your life's problems within. In any case, reading won't do you any harm.
|Learn a new skill
The Mage Book is a consumable item which grants the user a Skill beyond their maximum number of Skill slots, lasting until the end of the game, unless a mush uses Transfer which erases all the human abilities on both bodies involved.
While displaying the same Public log messages as any other "Book", even when read, they are not to be confused with Manuals, which are not single-use, free to read, and merely provide tips about certain tasks.
|Since Mage Books are single-use, rare items, they are particularly precious and should not be used lightly!
It is highly advisable to discuss with the rest of the crew before using one.
Each character is limited to the use of one Mage Book per game:
- Requires: No other Mage Book read.
- Target: Self
- Effect: Gain a skill slot and the respective skill.
- Public log: [Character] starts reading enthusiastically...
- Private log: You have learned a new skill: [Skill name]! Make good use of it!
List of Mage Book skills
A single Mage Book may teach one of the following skills:
|List of Mage Book skills
List of attributes
- This item can be fully destroyed when exposed to fire.
- This item is a consumable; it can be used or ingested to gain its effects.
- This item is readable.
- When read, this item displays the following text:
- When examined, this item displays the following text:
- Books. A practical, if antiquated invention. Maybe you'll find the solutions to your life's problems within. In any case, reading won't do you any harm.