- 1 Episode I: Prologue
- 2 Episode II: The Dawn
- 3 Episode III: New Generations
- 4 Episode IV: Subtle Seasoning
- 5 Episode V: Spores Galore!
- 6 Episode VI: Sporemaggedon!
Episodes are periodic Mush content updates released by Motion Twin. This article will try to keep track of any changes made to the game between episodes.
Episode I: Prologue
The Prologue was Mush's closed beta period which launched on 19th August 2013. The earliest beta testers were invited directly by Epoq, the game's administrator, with limited-use beta keys being released on Facebook and Twitter as time went on.
Initial voyages were extremely limited in functionality. Motion Twin wanted to make sure that a particular module was well tested before releasing new modules for the crews to use and experiment with.
Module release schedule:
- 19 Aug 2013
- 22 Aug 2013
- Research Lab
- 23 Aug 2013
- 27 Aug 2013
- Communications Center
- 02 Sep 2013
- 04 Sep 2013
- 16 Sep 2013
- All remaining modules
Episode II: The Dawn
This episode marks the public release of Mush and launched on 5th November 2013.
Episode III: New Generations
The current, ongoing episode of Mush which launched on 24th April 2014. The general theme is the survival of the human race, with the introduction of two new characters with traits focused on doing the thing as well as the Pregnant status. A number of bug fixes, new skills and solutions to age-old problems has also been introduced.
More information on the new characters, their traits and skills can be found in their respective articles.
- New character: Andie Graham
- New character: Derek Hogan
- New Andie skills: 2 Devotion, 3 Polyvalent, 4 Confident, 5 Expert
- New Derek skills: 4 Motivator, 5 Hygienist
- New Wrestler and Solid action:
- Bacteriophiliac: Action cost adjusted.
- Nightmarish: Action cost adjusted.
- Various fixes to skill tooltips across the board.
- New status: Pregnant
- Gained by female characters (not Andie) when doing the thing. 8% chance.
- Gives an immediate bonus of 8 to the mother and 2 to the whole crew.
- If a Pregnant character dies, the entire crew loses more .
- If the father injects a Spore when the baby is made, the mother is affected by an extra Spore.
- Gives various diseases like Slight Nausea.
- Gives a bonus of 8 to the whole crew when the ship reaches Eden.
- New status: Highly Inactive
- "You're highly inactive, not having connected in the past 48 hours. You are a punishment to your crew who has a right to dispose of you."
- Violence against Highly Inactive players is not sanctionable
- Items can no longer be hidden before the Mush appear.
- Myco-Alarm: Now also detects the special actions of Fungal Kitchen, Trapper, Radio Pirate, Nightmarish, Bacteriophiliac and Transfer, as well as Infectious Caress (on Schrödinger) and the act of mutating into a Berzerker.
- Puuquf has been renamed to Phuxx.
- New feature: Trading of items and even characters (for instance, selling off Highly Inactive players with no penalty) with alien merchants.
- Chat history scrolling seems to have been fixed.
- Various other bug fixes.
Episode IV: Subtle Seasoning
- Characters can begin the ship with an injury
- Alien Fruit spawns in refectory
Episode V: Spores Galore!
- Starting injuries no longer exist
- Crew can wake up with a spore out of cryo
- Mycoscan taken out of "neutral play" exemption to deal with starting spores
- Ships begin in orbit of an unknown and un-analyzed planet
Episode VI: Sporemaggedon!
- Ships no longer start in orbit of a planet