This action receives a passive bonus from the mush skill Saboteur, which doubles its chance of success.
Breaks the targeted equipment.
This action is Secret. It will be revealed by Cameras and Crew and that includes those on your side.
- As the number of broken items shows up in the alerts, and many of them (everything except doors) would be accompanied by a NERON announcement when breaking spontaneously, using sabotage around competent players is an easy way of being revealed as a Mush. You should always weigh the likeliness of detection against possible gains - which rarely makes it worthwhile.
- If you do sabotage things, do so within seconds of a cycle change to mask them as spontaneous breakages. Things breaking in the middle of a cycle are a dead giveaway of sabotaging Mush, which are then easy to track down.
- Doing this becomes less risky in later days, when several things tend to break every cycle, and are also broken without announcements by fires and electrical spikes.
- As with repairing, failed attempts are Private and thus not visible to others (except through Premonition or Torturer).
- This means sabotaging a lone Camera will not show in the logs until it succeeds, at which point the camera is unable to record it. (Perceptive players may still notice the lack of a respective announcement, though!)
- Sabotage does become more useful if you happen to be the NERON Administrator, in which case you can create fake breakage announcements (through careful use of the /neron command) to go with your sabotage. On the flip side, this requires you to tell the crew exactly what it is that you broke.
Objects that can be sabotaged by Mush.
|Image||Name||Room|| Sabotage chance
|| Repair chance|
|Fuel Tank||Rear Alpha Storage and Rear Bravo Storage||25%||50%|
|Oxygen Tank||Center Alpha Storage and Center Bravo Storage||25%||25%|
|Patrol Ship||Alpha Bay (x3), Alpha Bay 2 (x1), Bravo Bay (x3)||25%||?%|
Unlocked by Mycoscan