|In-game Description||Maintenance Stats|
|The PILGRED Reactor. When the Daedalus set off, these were the only means of travelling faster than the speed of light. Getting it working again could allow you to return to Sol. Tear through space-time in complete safety.||
The PILGRED Reactor, located in the Engine Room, is the main drive of the Daedalus. Due to hunter attacks, it is broken at the start of every game and needs to be repaired.
PILGRED is not like conventional broken equipment. Items increasing repair chance do not give bonuses, and are not used. The PILGRED repairs are similar to NERON Projects and Research in that the most efficient way to conduct repairs is for two characters with the Physicist or Technician skills to relay the repair process.
Participating in the repairs costs 1 or 2 . Each repair attempt will advance the total project by a random amount based on the character's Skills.
- 9-13% for a player with both Physicist and Technician skills.
- 5-7% for a player with either Physicist or Technician, but not both.
- 1% for anybody else (best used only to reset another player's efficiency).
You can work on PILGRED while Dirty. In fact, it is advisable to stay dirty while actively working on it since almost every attempt will make you dirty again.
Repairs completion is announced by NERON with the name of the last participant.
Completion of the Reactor
Repairing the reactor unlocks the following options:
- The Commander can bring the Daedalus to Sol for 2 , putting an end to the game (Humans win if there are no more Mush on board).
- The Commander can bring the Daedalus to Eden for 2 if the coordinates were calculated, putting an end to the game (Humans win if there are no more Mush on board).
- New Coffee can be fetched from the Coffee Machine at every cycle rather than only once a day.
If the repairs are completed before all crew members have woken up from cryo-sleep, it is possible to go to Sol. No glory will be lost, since technically there is no Mush on board.
- Effect: Opens the Pilgred Terminal
- Public log: [Person] has accessed the Pilgred Teminal.
- Effect: Progress PILGRED repairs by 1%
- Affected by: Physicist, Technician
- Public log: [Person] has advanced the PILGRED repairs.
- Announcement: (when complete) PILGRED repairs carried out by [Person]. Access to distant zones now open.
This table shows how many steps and AP it takes (on average) for the crew to get PILGRED to 100% with different skills and relaying strategies.
"Tech" here means that a person gets a bonus from either the Technician or Physicist skill, while Raluca is assumed to have both.
The shortest columns are as efficient as possible regarding total spent, but they all neglect crew movement. Strategies where a skilled person works more times in a row are likely to take fewer from helpers walking to the Engine Room, and may be easier to execute.
If the goal is to complete PILGRED as fast as possible with only one skilled person in a crew, it is of course best to relay them after every single step to always get the maximum bonus out of their limited specialist AP.