|Hua earns 3 every time you go to explore a planet|
|Position on title lists:|
Specialist in approach missions to unknown planets, Hua can land on pretty much any surface in any conditions. She was aboard the Epygron, the first exploration vessel to encounter extra-terrestrial life.
How to play
Hua is the only character who is guaranteed to have Pilot. As such, she usually serves as one of the main pilots besides Roland, and is expected to help with Hunter removal and scrap gathering. Her personal glory is earnt by going on expeditions, however, and most of her skills are aimed at improving the outcome of said expeditions.
From Silver onward, she can also adapt secondary roles with her Botanist and Technician skills. The Pilot - Technician combo in particular should be noted as a good way for an active Hua to prevent bad endings even on less active ships, because she can provide both the defenses and the PILGRED repairs required to get everyone back to Sol.
- Pilot: Hua's core skill, this versatile ability gives you a front seat for any planned expeditions as well as the ability to deal with Hunters. A Bronze Hua will want this skill 90% of the time!
- Botanist: Allows Hua to gain more fruits from expeditions as well as saving some when tending to the plants aboard the Daedalus. Generally not a good bronze pick, however, even if Ian is inactive. - You can be a gardener without it.
- Survivalist: Lowers the damage you take on expeditions and improves Alien Steak gains. Useful but not worth taking as your only skill.
- Technician: Improves the efficiency of repairs and allows you to dismantle equipment aboard the ship. Pick this if your ship has Pilots but no Technician, or enough pilots (3+) that you'd rather be a backup Tech. (The balance being that Pilots defend the crew while they finish the reactor, but having no Technician makes this very slow.)
- Determined: This skill causes the percentage chance of success for an action to go up faster each time you fail it. Not a good pick as your only skill.
- U-Turn: Hua's unique skill. Allows her to cancel an expedition at will for 2 . It could be argued that a highly-coordinated ship could benefit from this skill to take riskier expeditions, but picking this over Pilot or Technician would be silly.
- Pilot / Botanist OR Survivalist: Gives Hua a bonus for any expedition she goes on. Botanist provides more utility back on the ship, especially if you can be around each Cycle 8 to help with plants, but Survivalist means more generated thanks to all the Steaks you'll be pulling in.
- Pilot / Technician: Allows you to fill two core roles aboard the Daedalus: defense and repairs. However, piloting is an -intensive job so you'll often be stretched thin (or eating a lot), and will have to make good use of your free repair points.
- Technician / Determined: A possibility if your ship is somehow swimming in pilots but in desperate need of repairs. Even then, however, Pilot is likely better than Determined on longer ships due to its versatility.
- Pilot / U-Turn: Allows Hua to fill in as an "improvised" Diplomat on expeditions. While you won't be able to prevent fight events, you will be able to return to the Daedalus as soon as you have achieved your objective or when a crewmember drops to a dangerously low health level.
- Hua has a great, versatile skillset by level four. If you want U-Turn, either drop Technician to focus entirely on expeditions, or drop Botanist or Survivalist so you can still help out with some vital repairs such as the Oxygen Tanks or engines.
- Hua's strengths as a Mush mostly come from her skills. Being a Pilot and possible Technician usually means she is too important to be killed over a loose suspicion. Finally, permanent access to spaceships gives her the option to fly off with a few crucial items in hand, or go on a suicide trip with the Icarus. - IF doing that is truly enough to kill the Daedalus at a given time, or the only way out after being exposed.
- Doing repairs as a Technician is a great excuse for becoming Dirty, hurt, and losing on "failed attempts".
- "Accidentally" shooting a transport ship with a good trade will make it leave at the end of cycle. This can actually happen if people forget to select a target. And others may not even notice the damage.
- She might get into trouble when people ask her to eat in order to gain a few quick and fly... unless she can imitate the gain with Phagocyte.
- Also be aware that everyone can see how many shots were truly fired from a patroller by examining it.
- A personal specialty of Hua would be that she usually joins expeditions, and can have Survivalist, which in combination makes her a very good Traitor.
- Hua's strength are her bountiful expeditions. Make sure Frieda and Jin Su are doing their jobs of getting you to planets!
- Unless you can get your hands on something even better (like Shooter), ask for the Chef magebook that is guaranteed to pop out of Xyloph. This will let you freeze most of the steaks you bring from your expeditions for free and analyze the properties of any alien fruit.
- Born on Earth.
- Hua is accepted into the Copernik institute of exploration. There she studies with talented professors such as GL Maubrick and Nil Carlsson. Despite a genuine interest in the study of extraterrestrial biosphere, Jiang Hua shows more talent in the domain of surface exploration. She carries out several missions on Charon and Neptune where she learns to operate Class B reconnaissance ships.
- Jiang Hua misses the contest to be a part of the Gonzak crew heading for Epsilon-Indi. She continues her studies into extra-terrestrial botany then leaves on the Epygron heading for Lalande 21185 to explore the two remaining unknown planets in the system.
- While carrying out routine analyses on Naumachia, Hua is attacked by a local life form. Her companion is killed, but Hua managed to hunt down the attacker. Despite sustaining a leg wound, she managed to make it back aboard the Epygron. Following the incident, no sign of life is detected on the planet.
- Under the orders of Kim Jin-Su, Hua took part in the exploration of Tau-Ceti. She is the only pilot who is capable of guaranteeing risk-free landings on planetary bodies rich in boxylium. During this expedition, Hua discovers another 3 forms of extra-solar plant life, one of which is capable of surviving in areas without water.
- Upon her return to Earth, Hua is bankrolled by ChangMei-Tech to design and test a new surface vessel. She and her team move to Xyloph-17 which was already the base for the Magellan space exploration project
- When he is named leader of the Magellan project, Kim Jin-Su signed a contract with ChangMei-Tech to equip the Ark with an exploration vessel. Jiang Hua is sent to join Jin-Su's team to integrate the ship aboard the ark.
- Hua assists Ian Soulton with the creation of a compact hydroponic garden capable of sustaining life for a crew of 16..
- The Icarus prototype is delivered to the team, it is thoroughly tested by the pilots in the most extreme conditions possible. An accident during one of these tests near the Sun's surface forces Hua and the young pilot Roland Zucalli to survive for 36 hours on the surface of Mercury..