|Gioele earns 3 every time a Mush is killed.|
|Position on title lists:|
Gioele is the ship-owner. He is a billionaire from Earth who is obsessed by space travel, and who financed the initial Daedalus project. Faced with the Mush menace, Gioele panicked and, in extremis, with the help of the designers, managed to get a job aboard the ship as a navigator. He also managed to eject a biologist from the original crew to make space for his daughter Paola.
How to play
Gioele's role is similar to Stephen, which is to assist any area which is short-staffed. This typically involves helping in the Laboratory, Garden or Nexus but can also include relaying the PILGRED Reactor advancement or scanning for planets. Stay active on the radio and see where you're needed most.
Since he walks around the entire ship, Mush Gioele has more opportunities to extract spores and spike people which makes him generally suspicious. On top of that, he often does not have any vital skill that people would be hesitant to lose. So always report how and when you get Dirty - or avoid it in the first place - to keep the crew off your back.
Once trusted, getting a new skill from a Mage Book can be a great addition to your general and possibly -generating skills.
- Solid: Gioele's first skill. Allows you to guard the Microwave, take the Superfreezer to the Icarus Bay for easier ration making, move people and punch them. OK skill, but people will be suspicious why you did not get Paranoid instead.
- Paranoid: Brings the total Camera count to five. This allows you to guard both the Laboratory and Bridge, as well as one other utility area such as the Engine Room, Nexus or Icarus Bay. Not the most exciting skill to use, but the crew will love you for doing it!
- Caffeine Junkie: This skill is the reason to play Gioele on a promising ship. It gives you +2 when you drink a Coffee (for a total of 4 ) which is not bad at first, but if you survive long enough to see the PILGRED Reactor repaired, you can gulp down enough Coffee to do the jobs of four men!
- Astrophysicist: By the time you get this skill, you already have Caffeine Junkie. A good skill, but not good enough to lose the extra cameras or that coffee bonus unless you have little need/hope to use them.
- Panic: Useless 95% of the time, worse than other picks the other 5%.
- Victimizer: If you manage to accuse a Mush, it prevents them from spiking people secretly and gives some glory. If you choose a human, you've wasted your skill to actively cripple a crew member. Not for beginners.
- Caffeine Junkie / Paranoid: Paranoid may not be very exciting, but it provides a great service to the crew. Pick it, use it, then pretend you're a Bronze coffee addict.
- Caffeine Junkie / Astrophysicist: Provides extra to help find planets. With the PILGRED Reactor online, you can whiz through planet scanning faster than Frieda!
- Paranoid / Astrophysicist: Possible combination to keep the Mush at bay while finding O2 for a struggling ship.
- A Gold Mode Level 4 Gioele has all the skills he needs to kick ass and drink Coffee. A Level 6 Gioele can swap Solid for Victimizer for some extra , but you'll have to decide for yourself if it's worth the cost.
- Mush Gioele is in a tricky spot because two of his most common skills work against him. While choosing Paranoid (especially after Mush selection) could win the crew's trust by creating more Cameras, he then still has to deal with their existence, e.g. by using more subtle infection vectors like Trapper and Fungal Kitchen. Being a Caffeine Junkie is even more useless, since he cannot gain any at all from coffee, which can easily give him away to sharp-eyed humans unless counteracted by wasteful uses of Phagocyte.
- His advantage is that, as a generalist, he is expected to roam everywhere and also do Dirty jobs like loading fuel.
- You are either first or second in line to replace the Commander. Be prepared to do that job if it falls to you.
- As Caffeine Junkie, you'll want to the crew know you have this skill. You get double the points anyone else would and that's a gain for the ship, so explain that they should leave coffee to you.
- Before PILGRED completion, the coffee machine resets once at the beginning of every new day. The NERON Project Fission Coffee Roaster causes it to reset a second time at midday. (Many players will argue against investing in this one, since it becomes obsolete when PILGRED is finished.)
- Once the Mush are dead and PILGRED is finished, the Coffee Machine can create fresh Coffee every single cycle. You can do this yourself, or ask Chao or Raluca to make the Refectory their base and pull your Coffee for you.
- The Paranoid skill gives you 2 extra cameras, but you might not want to take this skill right away. Rather, wait until after mush selection so that you don't end up taking a skill that works against you. Also remember that cameras cannot be dropped, they can only be installed for 2 .
- If you take the skill while not having enough room in your inventory, the cameras will be knocked over onto the shelf.
- Don't get tunnel vision on one job. Gioele's strength is his versatility, put it to good use.
- Consider using the Anti-Grav Scooter to zip around the ship. Combined with a cup of hot java, this is a great way of finding fires and broken equipment around the ship.
- Born on Earth.
- Thanks to his father's contacts, Gioele got a space as a passenger aboard the Gonzak with the mission of exploring Epsilon Indi. It was there that he met his idol GL Maubrick. Upon his return he began to study astrophysics so that he too could become an explorer one day.
- The death of his father made Gioele aware of his family's financial situation. He took over his father's prison management company but changed its operation to suit his own ends: He would send the prisoners to new systems in order to carry out asteroid mining operations.
- Gioele is making a fortune but has still not fulfilled his dreams. In an advertising spot on SNC he proposes a budget of 4 billion credits to whomever can propose a viable stellar ark project allowing him to link the Milky Way and Magellan's cloud.
- Meets with Kuan-Ti who, the following year, delivers a gigantic World-Ark project involving 7000 people. Gioele allocates the promised budget.
- The Federation wishes to participate in financing the project and brings an additional 9 billion credits which will grease the wheels in the advancement of the PILGRED reactor. The explorer, and now official government representative, Kim Jin-Su, is named as project leader.
- Gioele learns quite by chance that Jin-Su and Kuan-Ti have manipulated the original project to allow the construction of a smaller exploration vessel, named the Daedalus. Continuing his investigation, he searches Kuan-Ti'"s office and finds documents proving that Mush has infected the leaders of the federation. His subsequent fear is the reason he becomes desperate to gain access to the Daedalus and join the evacuation.
- As the federation reduce the frequency of payments for the project, Gioele offers additional financial support for the project to Raluca Jin-Su and Kuan-Ti. His only condition is that Nils Carlsson is removed from the team and replaced by his daughter Paola Rinaldo. The team refused.
- Nils falls ill during a serious crisis between Xyloph-17 and the federation. The SDF takes control of the project, but Kim Jin-Su organizes the clandestine departure of the Daedalus. Gioele and Paola are finally taken aboard.